Manual Seam Ripper
The Slice® Manual Seam Ripper combines comfort, safety and durability to make common crafting tasks easier. Its lightweight design reduces hand strain, and the unique finger-friendly® blade protects you and can be manually retracted when not in use. The tool is fitted with a rounded-tip blade for additional safeguarding but also comes with a pointed-tip alternative which will be more effective for some tasks.This seam ripper is suitable for left- and right-handed users, and a reinforced nylon handle ensures longevity. Slice remains the first choice for safety and effectiveness in industrial settings and is now recognized as the leading safety tool in homes. From removing stitches and opening buttonholes to creating detailed artwork, the Manual Seam Ripper makes life easier and people safer.
- Finger-friendly® blade is the only safety blade on the market
- Lightweight design reduces hand strain
- An easy-grip slider allows you to manually retract the blade when not in use
- Rounded-tip blade pre-installed for additional safety
- Pointed-tip blade for extra effectiveness is located in a compartment on the packaging
- Suitable for left- and right-handed users
- Durable reinforced handle
- Slice® blades last 11.2x longer than traditional blades
- Removing stitches from a variety of crafts
- Creating detailed artwork
- Using for long periods of time
Material: GFN, POM, stainless steel, carbon steel, zirconium oxide
Dimensions: LWeight: 0.07 lb x W x H
Blade Replacement for Slice Seam Rippers
What is a Seam Ripper Used For?
How Is a Slice® 10596 Seam Ripper Different?
Our 10596 and 10597 tools come with a rounded-tip 10536 blade installed, providing extra protection against accidental punctures. For those who prefer, a 10537 pointed-tip blade is available separately. Both blades are concave, with a tapered tip that slides between stitches and cuts thread easily without pulling on delicate surrounding fabric. In this way, the seam can be replaced without leaving unsightly gaps where the old stitches once were.
Our 10596 and 10597 handles are lightweight and ergonomic for easier handling and feature a lanyard hole to keep the tool close by while you work. Users can be assured of the durability of the handles, as they’re constructed from sturdy reinforced nylon and are designed for industrial use.