Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper
The Slice® Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper allows you to work safely with an agile tool. It’s easy for your workers to use and can function as a hook utility knife for materials requiring little force, such as film. The tool’s blade is the safest you’ll find in the workplace. Its unique finger-friendly® blade is safe to the touch, so causes fewer and less severe injuries than traditional blades. Your workforce is further protected because the textured auto-retractable slider ensures the blade can never be accidentally left out. A durable reinforced nylon handle makes this an ideal tool for industrial use, and its streamlined, lightweight design means it’s comfortable to hold and highly portable. The seam ripper is suitable for left- and right-handed users, while an integrated lanyard hole and simple tool-free blade changing help improve your workers’ efficiency.
- Finger-friendly® blade is the only safety blade on the market
- Automatic spring-loaded retraction for additional safeguarding
- Performs like a hook utility knife on light materials such as film
- Durable reinforced nylon handle built for industrial use
- Slim design for comfort and versatility
- Suitable for left- and right-handed workers
- Integrated lanyard hole for easy access
- Simple and quick no-tool blade change
- Non-conductive blade for added safety
- Chemically inert blade that never rusts
- Slice® blades last 11.2x longer than traditional blades
- Cutting string and thread
- Removing stitches and opening buttonholes
- Deburring soft plastics
- Hooking and slicing film
Material: GFN, POM, stainless steel, carbon steel, zirconium oxide
Dimensions: LWeight: 0.07 lb x W x H
Seam Ripper Blades (Rounded Tip)Regular price $19.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Seam Ripper Blades (Pointed Tip)Regular price $19.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
Blade Replacement for Slice Seam Rippers
Manual Seam RipperRegular price $14.99 USDRegular priceUnit price per
What Are the Most Popular Retractable Seam Ripper Uses?
How Is the Slice Auto-Retractable Seam Ripper Unique?
Which Blades Should I Use?
How Do I Change the Blade in the 10597 Seam Ripper?
1) Hold the seam ripper so that the slider is on top and the small grey nub is on the bottom.
2) Make sure the blade is fully retracted, as the blade-change cap cannot be removed when the blade is extended.
3) To remove the blade-change cap, push in the grey nub with your thumb and tilt the bottom of the cap away from the handle, as though there is an invisible hinge between the top of the cap and the top of the handle. Pull the cap away.
4) Once the cap is removed, extend the blade fully and remove it from its (green/orange) housing.
5) Place the new blade in the housing, ensuring that the notch lines up properly.
6) Retract the blade fully and replace the blade-change cap by hinging it back on with the same angle you used to remove it.